Choosing A Wooden Worktop
1. Always choose a style that fits you. Find a worktop that will fit in your kitchen and your own taste. You should know that oak is considered classic when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in the common farm house kind of kitchen since it can provide a warm feel to the place and it has a notable pattern. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut will give the right contrast to light because it has a rich chocolate tone. You can use maple in a kitchen where the problem is light. Maple is creamy and pale but it has a grain structure that is lovely. Because the maple has a very smooth finish, every bit of light will be bouncing back from the surface of the wood.
2. Quality should always be invested. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. Those cheap worktops may be interesting but might be of low quality. A properly maintained wooden worktops that is of high quality will definitely last for a very long time and will actually add more value to your property if you will decide to sell it in the future.
3. Preparation is crucial. A wooden worktop needs to have a sealing before a person can use it. These wooden worktops should require a treatment and the suggested treatment is the worktop oil like the finishing oil or danish oil. This treatment process will make a barrier that is water resistant on your wooden worktops. You should have the time to properly do the treatment process in your wooden worktops since it is considered as a valuable procedure in order for the worktops to last for a long time. The wooden worktops will not be durable enough if poor treatment procedure is done.
4. Always choose a wooden worktop with the perfect fitting. It is important before you consider fitting the wooden worktops that you make sure the plastering that was done is completely dry and the sides of the wooden worktops have the right amount of oi. You should always make sure that you have at least one fixing point in every corner every time you are fixing the wooden worktop to the units in your kitchen. If you want your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions, then you should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted.
5. Always have a good maintenance on your wooden worktops. You should consider re-oiling the wooden worktops once every six months.